Building a more just, equitable, and sustainable world – for all humanity – is our driving vision at Veris.
We are committed to fostering a more inclusive economy and expanding economic and financial access within historically excluded and under-resourced communities.
As a firm, Veris believes that justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging must touch every aspect of how we invest and operate. We pledge to remain unrelenting and accountable as we strive to transform ourselves and our industry in the pursuit of our vision.
Veris is cultivating an internal culture of belonging that is inclusive in terms of disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran-status, and other markers of identity. We are looking for candidates of all backgrounds who share our vision and can help us achieve our mission. Consider joining our team.
Investment Policies and Processes
- To help drive change across the industry, Veris created an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) Manager Due Diligence Framework.
- We define an EDI manager as one that has diverse employees, management, board, & ownership; implements DEIB policies; and uses an EDI lens in their investment process.
- Our firm set a goal for increasing approved managers with racial, gender diversity, and socio-economic equity.
- We engage with our approved investment managers to support them in integrating EDI in their policies and investment processes and/or enhancing their EDI metrics.
- Veris published a report on Investing in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in September of 2023.
- The Veris Research Department has published a variety of other reports on topics related to DEIB to help support building a more equitable and just economy including Gender Lens Investing and Community Wealth Building.
- Our firm’s annual Impact Report shares data illustrating the impact of our DEIB efforts.
Policies and Practices
- Developed a new employee handbook integrating EDI principles.
- Expanded hiring channels by posting all employment opportunities on diversified sites reaching BIPOC and Minority Candidates.
- We remove candidates’ names and addresses from resumes prior to consideration.
- Set diversification goals for our team at Veris.
- Conduct annual Belonging Surveys across the firm.
- Require DEIB training, designed by CommonHealth Action,
- When hiring vendors and consultants, always include Women-owned and Minority-owned businesses in the selection process.
Firm Signatory Actions
- UN Women’s Empowerment Principles
- Due Diligence 2.0
- ISS Racial Justice Action Call
- Confluence Belonging Pledge