Foundations and Organizations
Focused on You
Wealth Management is a continual process of discovery, analysis, refinement, monitoring and adjustment.
Private foundations and mission-related organizations are often founded through the generosity and hopeful aspirations of individuals and families to make a difference in the world. Over time, the responsibility of managing the organization is passed on to the next generation of family members or managed by professionals. Veris understands the importance of maintaining the integrity and legacy of an organization, and is honored to help investment committees, trustees, and board members develop and apply investment strategies that align their assets with their mission and grant-making focus. Our wealth management partners each have almost two decades of experience crafting sophisticated investment strategies that leverage the impact of every dollar. Our financial consulting services include:
- Professional Portfolio Management – We offer clients customized investment strategy development, asset allocation analysis, portfolio construction and diversification, access to alternative and impact investments, day-to-day portfolio management, and ongoing performance reviews. Our investment portfolio options are rigorously analyzed, and must pass both our financial analysis and sustainability criteria.
- Investment Policy Development and Review – An investment policy statement is critical to effective foundation and mission-related organization asset stewardship. Veris is skilled at facilitating diplomatic yet frank discussions concerning an organization’s investment time horizon, return objectives, income and liquidity needs, and mission alignment. Whether the board commits fully to mission-related investing or allocates a portion of the portfolio, we can offer recommendations across asset classes and in both public and private equity markets.
- Investment Manager Search and Recommendation – Veris offers comprehensive professional portfolio management (including investment manager search) as well as one-time investment manager searches. We identify and provide access to sustainable alternative investments, such as private equity, venture capital funds, hedge funds, real assets, and responsible property.
- Portfolio Evaluation and Review – We offer performance reporting and ongoing manager due diligence for portfolios we manage, and also serve as objective investment consultants with the ability to hire and fire managers as appropriate.
- Budgeting and Cash Management – We understand that our clients face multiple challenges: managing an operating budget, maintaining sufficient liquidity for distributions, and investing the corpus for the long term. Veris helps foundations and organizations balance both the income and growth needs of their portfolio.