Sustainability at Veris
As a business focused on sustainability, Veris is committed to reducing its own environmental impact and providing thought leadership and resources for our stakeholders interested in doing the same. In 2008, we launched an internal Sustainability Initiative. Its goals are to regularly evaluate the firm’s sustainability practices and to identify ways of further integrating wealth management, values, and sustainability.
Some of our firm’s sustainability accomplishments to date include:
- Reducing and offsetting our greenhouse gas emissions to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Implementing an annual paper reduction project to increase client enrollment in electronic statements and reports. Today, electronic delivery of statements and reports is the recommended default setting for new accounts. Annually, accounts without electronic delivery are reviewed and reminded of this option.
- Investigating and encouraging sustainable and impact fund managers.
- B Corp certified.
Future sustainability goals include:
- Helping develop a new carbon footprint calculator designed specifically for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Implementing a formal 1% Community Impact Investment Campaign.
- Creating an internal sustainability education initiative that includes staff training, conference calls, and sustainability updates.
Download the 2014 Veris Sustainability Report
Sustainability Report 2014
To learn more about sustainability and related best practices, visit the links below.
The Nature Conservancy Carbon Footprint Counter
Native Energy Carbon Offsets
B Corporation Using the power of Business to solve Social and Environmental problems